RSS Feed

Feb 20, 2009

Yearning for Floyd

Have been watching videos of Pink Floyd from the past 2 hours continuously, don't know why I am, frankly speaking I don't need a reason anyways to watch Floyd.

It’s now been close to 10 years since I've been sharing my highs and lows with Floyd. There are probably umpteen factors, that Pink Floyd has in it to attract and keep me captivated. I've never really ventured to know more about the actual story about how, why and when they decided to part ways. Never actually felt I should, as just their music was good enough.

Guess, yesterday night was destined for this when I arbitrarily started viewing videos one after the other and more. Very fact that Floyd is not like other rock n roll bands to whom drugs, alcohol is a major factor in Pink Floyd having such a long lasting loyal fan base I guess, of course not to mention the musical brilliance. Having said that I do understand that at some point of time, psychedelic music was used as stairway for drug peddlers and misguided youth generation at large. The point is Floyd went high on producing the kind of music they did and this high percolated into their listeners in various forms. 

Us, ordinary people and them extra ordinary men. Ego, everyone has this and when we talk about creative geniuses like Roger Waters and David Gilmour, them not having it will be a pleasant surprise. Anyways one desire like some other hundred thousands of them will be to see them all live in a concert sometime. I so hope the reunion happens and fans round the world get to see them once again, before the band becomes totally defunct.

Until then like Roger says, 

"You can bet The Dark Side of the Moon will still be on the charts."

Keep Rocking
Sanju

0 comments: