RSS Feed

May 12, 2008

A life well lived.... K.R. Rajan

Of late I have been caught up with a lot of things with the advent of my classes. All's well on that front. Meanwhile, a rather unfortunate event has taken place. My grandpa peacefully breathed his last on 4th May 08.


As I don't feel like making this post, an obituary for him, here are some sweet in-a-line memories that I shared with him ever since i gathered my senses. Thanks to Sham for the touching words of remembrance in the picture attached inline.

Numerous cricket matches on TV, Comparing biceps(He still had the cuts at 90+) after my work outs, getting him a hair cut and getting scolded by him for irritating him. Had a great memory and also a subtle way of reacting to people he didn't want to speak to. But the summary of the glorious past was always available for the few of us who pursued with our efforts.

Though sad that i would miss him, I am happy for him that he doesn't have to see the cruel world anymore.

Taata, may your soul rest in peace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, sad to know mate.. may his soul rest in peace.

Anonymous said...

oh.. sorry to hear about it, pal.. I know how it feels.. I lost my dear gramma in April.. :(
Miss her so much..
-Sreekala